We then headed to baggage claim..Can you say "CRAZY"? All of our bags made it ! What a relief! Then we headed to another scanner with another official. He checked our passports, asked for our DAS documents declaring our possessions and we went through the scanner . Home free...not quite. We then had to place our bags through another scanner. Now we headed out through some glass doors to find Silvia & Jaime from Gladney holding a lovely sign that said "Davis" with such warm smiles on their faces.
| Don't worry...Silvia & Jaime have a nice mini van ! We did not jump in the mini cabs! But they are so cute! |
Now driving in Bogota is something else. It makes Nascar look like Driving Miss Daisy. Jaime amazed us with his driving skills. He made it look like a breeze.What caught my eye is the huge amount of people everywhere. Bogota is a big city! We are not in Kansas anymore... oh I mean York! We arrived at the Hotel Las Palmas. It is really nice. It is a large house similar to a bed & breakfast that specializes in accomodating adopting families from all over the world. Everyone greeted us and made us feel at home right away. We are very happy with our new Home Away from Home. (I will post some pics of the hotel tomorrow.) We are here with another family. They are from Denmark . They adopted a little girl. She is 2 yrs old and beautiful. They have been here for 2 1/2 months. Yep, you heard me. Oh my, we are praying that we will not be out of the country that long. But oh well we will do anything for our little guy. Well I better run! I am determined to get some rest.
6 comments:
Yay Leslie! I hoped you would make it there safely and have been praying for all 3 of the Davises! :)
Glad you made it safely and can't wait for the next update! Love Ya'll!
Girl, you better start posting some pics. Isn't today the big day? Had fun night last night at Gaston....
I am so excited for you and Gary!!!
God has finally blessed you with that sweet baby boy you've been waiting so long for...and Daniel is so lucky to have loving, wonderful parents like the two of you!!!
Tick tock tick tock tick tock.... We need update!!!!
I am glad you arrived safely. I can't wait for the pics
Post a Comment