Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Passports and Embassy Dr....Check

We were up bright and early. Today Jaime and Silvia picked us up to walk over to get Daniel's Passport. We stopped to get some passport pictures made then off to the Colombian passport office. This went very smooth . Apparently Daniel gets priority service because he is a child. Love It!! Everything was pretty fast because we walked out with Daniel's passport in hand. We are so use to waiting that the speed of everything is just shocking us. We are happy!! We also dropped off  adoption documents to get translated. We went back to the hotel . Jaime and Silvia reviewed our documents with us and assisted with getting documents ready for the next stop...US Embassy tomorrow. Daniel read a book at the hotel. He loves his passport and will just stare at his picture.
Then we went to the Embassy Doctor.  He is such a nice man. Very small world because he completed his residency in the same hospital and year I was born at in New Orleans. We had lots to talk about . He then reviewed Daniel's medical documents, vaccinations and completed his exam. Daniel is perfect. I could have told him that.  Anyway, we have his approval to bring Daniel to the US..Yippee!! Thanks Dr.Farjardo!!
Daniel was so good today considering he did not have his nap. Daniel chatters alot. Some of his words  we understand and some we are not sure. However today he added "Zapatos" to his vocabulary. Zapatos is shoes in Spanish. He says zapatos and shoes every once in awhile but understands if we ask him to bring his shoes. Truly a bilingual baby in the making.










3 comments:

The Jackson Family said...

He is adorable. Once we got Claire's visa, I started looking for flights because we were good to go home. Hope you get that visa soon.
Pam

Jodi said...

Great News! I am super excited for you guys! He is so smart! Maybe I can take some spanish lessons from the little dude when you get home!

Jodi said...

Great News! I am super excited for you guys! He is so smart! Maybe I can take some spanish lessons from the little dude when you get home!